Saturday, March 23, 2013

Review Wrap Up: Shadow of the Wolf by S.M. Pace


Young Adult Fantasy
Date Published: 11/28/12

Toby has always felt like an outcast in his village, but he thought winning a game at the Summer Fair was the answer to making friends. The local boys disagreed and literally threw Toby to the wolves. Stranded in enemy territory with a broken leg, he’s offered two options by the resident werewolves; death or permanent exile from his race.

Although Toby longs to return to his family, he chooses to live. But the werewolf children torment him just like the boys and girls back home. When he fights back and discovers he can wield magic, a crime in his old kingdom, he realizes he’s safer with the werewolves than he ever was amongst his own kind. He even finds happiness and acceptance, until his real sister contacts him with her own forbidden magic. 

Fearing for her safety, Toby must decide where his loyalties lie; with the family he grew up with or the werewolves who took him in when his own people discarded him?



RABT REVIEW WRAP UP


DoN't Judge a book by its cover is the main consensus from this tour. this novel is a hidden gem and s.m. pace has created a world and a main character that readers are drawn to.  With well developed characters and a plot with twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Shadow of the wolf is a YA Fantasy you have got to read! 

This Book has averaged a 4.8* Rating from reviewers during this tour.
It is currently at 4.7*'s on Amazon.
The book is only $2.99! 



This is a fun fantasy story that I think teaches a great lesson! Toby goes through a lotand comes out stronger for it! It was a fast read, that had really solid world building and character development! I found myself rooting for Toby and loving his storyimmensely! 


This is described as a young adult story, but I am a 32 year old woman and lovedevery page of it!  


I have to say a big WOW, this book was really very good. I was not sure what to think, as its told from the view of a young boy, but then found it swapped pov from him to his sister. I really love books that have several different points of views.
I liked the way the fantasy world is set up, there is a treaty with the werewolves and the humans, but didn’t like those humans in the village, as they were ruthless, anyone found to have magic, was killed. It’s just wrong.

I was kept on the edge of my seat the entire book. I don’t want to say too much, and the blub tells you enough of what its about. I don’t like to just repeat basically what the blub says, and also would hate to add a spoiler on accident.

I think the characters were very well developed and easy to like.  I especially liked his sister Ora, and think she was a strong girl. She was a great support to her brother Toby.

This is a straight up fantasy book, no romance involved at all, which is fine with me, but I do know some like to have some. I was saddened by what happened to one boy, which looked like it could have been a love interest for Ora. I won’t be saying who. It sure gave me mixed feelings on both sides of this. I do find myself liking the werewolves for sure.

I really look forward to the next book, and for sure will be reading it.

5 stars out of 5 for me, was well written and kept me entranced.

Other Reviews From This Tour:
March 3 - Known to Read - Review/Guest Post
March 7 - Tiffany Reads - Review/Guest Post
March 9 - Lisa is a Bookworm - Review
March 10 - Becky's Barmy Book Blog - Review
March 11 - Pixie Dust Reviews-  Review/Interview
March 12 - Books and Needlepoint - Review
March 15 -  Author Ever Leigh - Review
March 17 -  My Reading Addiction - Review
March 20 - Cozie Corner - Review
March 21 - Intriguing Reads - Review/Guest Post



Buy Links


Stephanie Pace is an avid reader of every genre, though fantasy is her favorite.  She started writing at fifteen, and never looked back.  She currently works as a pre-K teacher by day, and a determined self-publisher by night.  When she’s not distracting herself with conlanging and world-building, she loves to do cross stitch or escape to the outdoors when the weather is nice.  She lives in central Virginia with her boyfriend, and the rest of her crazy, amazingly supportive family close by.    

No comments:

Post a Comment